Saturday, January 08, 2011

Finally, I have attempted and completed sewing project no.5 from Freckled Nest.  (This now links to a new and updated blog/website but I can't seem to find a link on site to their classes) I was initially daunted by the fact that I had to sew such thick material, in this case it was vinyl, but I bit the bullet and did it.

Here it is:  The Rollup Caddy

All rolled up, very handy for carrying brushes, stationery, craft and some hardware tools.


The caddy opened up. A flap covers and protects the objects from falling out.

The inside with all the tools neatly in place :)
I learnt so much doing this tutorial. Getting the right needles for vinyl work, (I used needles meant for leather, as there is a project coming up that uses leather - gasp!), using the right stitches and generally getting to know this interesting material! I had a lot of fun and completed it within a few hours! It had taken me a couple of months to get the courage to attempt this project so I am surprised and relieved that it took such a short amount of time. Yay!

So onto the next project... curtains!

No comments: